In times like these, hopelessness is a common feeling. There are tragedies on the news every day. The economy never seems to fully recover. On top of that, our daily lives can bring challenges and negativity sometimes.
However, looking at hard times in a different light can also help in adopting more positive coping mechanisms.
One good way to reinterpret hardships is to find meaning in them.
And how can you do this?
In the face of a negative event, sit back and ask yourself how you can make the event meaningful.
For example, ask yourself questions such as:
1. Did I really like that job? In many cases, we’re stuck in a job that no longer makes us fulfilled, but we are too scared to quit.
2. Is this situation freeing my time for better opportunities? A job you no longer enjoyed could have been a roadblock in your professional development.
3. What did I learn from that experience? The skills you learned at that job can be a jumping board to find better opportunities.
4. What went wrong? In this case, be honest with yourself — why were you fired? Address the cause of non-judgmentally.
5. Are there any areas for growth? Regardless of what caused the negative situation, think of how you can use the experience to grow.
By asking yourself these questions, you don’t only give meaning to a negative situation. You’re also taking back control of it.
MysticYou™ can help you to take control of your life by reframing negative situations as opportunities to grow and thrive in unexplored areas. Learn ThetaHealing. Sign up today for my next upcoming ThetaHealing Courses.